New Venture Creations NQF Level 4
The purpose of this qualification is to provide entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs in the small, medium and micro enterprise (SMME) sector with the technical, business, managerial and personal skills to create and sustain a business. The qualification is part of the National Qualification Framework and is available to individuals who do not have formal training and are working in, or wish to work in or manage a SMME business
We focus to a large extent on Entrepreneurial Development through our unique New Venture Creation (NVC) Programme which is based on SETA accredited Unit Standards.
The NVC Programme is available on NQF Level 2 and NQF Level 4 and is structured in such a way that it assists learners in completing an Accelerated Qualification with the support of Business Development and Consulting Services to assist entrepreneurs in starting and growing profitably-sustainable businesses.
If you’ve ever thought of starting your own business but have never taken the next step towards making it happen, or have and failed, then this course is for you!
Core modules covered
- Apply innovative thinking to the development of a small business
- Apply the principles of costing and pricing to a business venture
- Demonstrate an understanding of an entrepreneurial profile
- Demonstrate an understanding of the function of the market mechanisms in a new venture
- Explain and apply the concept, principles and theories of motivation in a leadership context
- Finance a new venture
- Implement an action plan for a new venture
- Manage finances of a new venture
- Manage general administration
- Negotiate an agreement or deal in an authentic work situation
- Plan and manage production/operations in a new venture
- Plan strategically to improve new venture performance
- Produce business plans for a new venture
- Research the viability of new venture ideas/opportunities
- Implement and manage human resource and labour relations policies and acts
Why study the New Venture Creation Qualification?
The full NVC Programme is run over a period of 6 months with the first 3 months focused on working through the course material and developing business plans and the next 3 months focused on implementing such plans to start or grow the learners own business. Learners are able to complete the programme over a longer period if they prefer, by either completing each unit standard individually or by completing one module at a time.
The Learning Programme is applicable to both employed and unemployed learners and has been designed to meet the needs of those learners who are already or intend to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture.
A majority of the learners attending this learning programme are likely to establishment and development of a small to medium business venture, and address the economic, administrative and behavioural (psycho-social) barriers that contribute to success in starting and sustaining the venture.
While this learning programme is directed specifically at developing the skills and knowledge required by a person for the establishment and development of a small to medium business venture, successful learners that obtain this Qualification may become successful entrepreneurs.