New Venture Creations NQF Level 2
We focus to a large extent on Entrepreneurial Development through our unique New Venture Creation (NVC) Programme which is based on SETA accredited Unit Standards.
The NVC Programme is available on NQF Level 2 and NQF Level 4 and is structured in such a way that it assists learners in completing an Accelerated Qualification with the support of Business Development and Consulting Services to assist entrepreneurs in starting and growing profitably-sustainable businesses.
If you’ve ever thought of starting your own business but have never taken the next step towards making it happen, or have and failed, then this course is for you!
Module 1: Innovation and Creativity
- Identify and demonstrate entrepreneurial ideas and opportunities
- Match new venture opportunity to market needs
Module 2: Financing in a New Venture
- Determine financial requirements of a new venture
- Manage finances for a new venture
- Process numerical and text data in a business environment
- Prepare and process documents for financial and banking processes
Module 3: Business Operations
- Identify the composition of a selected new venture’s industry/sector and its procurement systems
- Manage business operations
- Produce a business plan for a new venture
- Administer contracts for a selected new venture
- Assemble, install and dismantle exhibition stands
Module 4: Marketing Management
- Manage marketing and selling processes of a new venture
- Keep informed about current affairs related to one’s own industry
- Tender for business or work in a selected new venture
Module 5: Business Communication
- Apply the basic skills of customer service
- Co-ordinate meetings, minor events and travel arrangements
- Monitor and control the receiving and satisfaction of visitors
- Plan and prepare meeting communications
Module 6: Business Ethics
- Apply basic business ethics in a work environment
- Behave in a professional manner in a business environment
- Apply knowledge of self and team in order to develop a plan to enhance team performance
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS in a workplace, and its effects on a business sub-sector, own organisation and a specific workplace
Module 7: Compliance
- Apply health and safety to a work area
- Outline the legal environment of a selected industry
- Plan, monitor and control an information system in a business environment
Why study the New Venture Creation Qualification?
The full NVC Programme is run over a period of 6 months with the first 3 months focused on working through the course material and developing business plans and the next 3 months focused on implementing such plans to start or grow the learners own business. Learners are able to complete the programme over a longer period if they prefer, by either completing each unit standard individually or by completing one module at a time.